Saturday, September 23, 2017

End of Week 3 - Hinter meiner Stadltier

The last couple of session I was focusing on learning a real fun song called "Hinter meiner Stadltier", which means something like "Behind the door of my barn". There are quite some challenging parts in this piece, especially for a newbie like me but I'm pretty happy with my progress.




Couple of things that I need to improve on:

  1. Bass runs - it's hard to play different things with left and right hand, and the bass is still throwing my off quite a bit, especially the more advanced runs I have to focus on
  2. Solo - this piece has a accordion solo in the end which sounds pretty epic if played well - and I hopefully will get there at one point
  3. Singing - this is not a focus yet, and I will sing louder when I have the fingerings and bass down

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 8 - Tackling a new song: Schützen Polka

The last week and a half  I have been focused on practicing scales and the Grossglockner Weise.  This is what you can hear in the very beg...