Saturday, October 7, 2017

Week 5: Scales

Last few days I have been working on some technical things. In particular I focused on learning how to play a scale up and down. It took a bit but practicing it for 10-15 minutes everyday makes wonder and eventually the fingers seem to find there own way.

I also tackled playing the scale with "two tones" at the same time. This requires a lot of practice and repetitions but I'm slowly getting there. There is a song called "Schuetzen Polka" that is based on the theme of playing the scale downwards with 2 voices at the same time, and I'll be learning that soonish. Here is a brief video of playing a scale up and down:



Additionally, I have been continuing to practice the Gstanzl and the next video should be a performance of a couple of Gstanzl! So watch out for that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 8 - Tackling a new song: Schützen Polka

The last week and a half  I have been focused on practicing scales and the Grossglockner Weise.  This is what you can hear in the very beg...