Friday, September 15, 2017

The long story of getting a couple of buttons adjusted...


First road block was that the Gleichton of the accordion was off (it was on a different button then I wanted it to be).

I went to a local accordion shop in Seattle, called Petosa - but they weren't very familiar with diatonic accordions (especially the style with Gleichton) and fixing it would have taken them a long time - many weeks they said... :( That was a bit odd, and quite the set back on my motivation to learn this instrument....

Fixing it myself?

I even contemplated fixing it myself as this should take long I thought... At that time I also learned a lot about the various tones of the instrument, and scales, etc. I have a three row GCF accordion, which is what I wanted, since you can sing along with it pretty easily. Here is me, mapping out the tones and tuning of the instrument to figure out if any buttons are off and if they would need adjustments....



To the rescue!

I called the dealer over in Michigan, who kept my spirit up high and referred me to Michael Arralde. Mr. Arralde is amazing, and I can't praise enough for his professionalism and quality of work! It literally took him 10 seconds to figure out what needed to be changed. He has perfect absolute pitch, and that certainly helps! And he is a great and very friendly individual as well, and he also knows how to play!

While being at his shop I also met other accordion and button box players, some amazingly skilled players - very inspiring!

Three days later Mr. Arralde calls me and the button box is ready to be picked up! Super happy about that quick service. Thanks Michael!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 8 - Tackling a new song: Schützen Polka

The last week and a half  I have been focused on practicing scales and the Grossglockner Weise.  This is what you can hear in the very beg...